- 1 cup blackberries, plus a few for garnish
- 1 ice cube
- 2/3 cup milk, plus more if needed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 or 2 drops vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream or vanilla frozen yogurt
- Plain or lemon-flavored seltzer (optional)
Chill the berries on a plate in the freezer until firm (not frozen solid), about 35 minutes.
In a blender, puree the chilled berries with the
ice cube and milk. Strain the mixture into a bowl to remove the seeds.
Rinse the blender and pour the mixture back in. Add the sugar, the
vanilla extract, and 3 to 4 big scoops of ice cream or frozen yogurt and
blend the mixture until smooth, adding more milk if it's too thick.
- Divide the shake among three chilled glasses. If you like, stir a few tablespoons of seltzer into each for a little fizz. Garnish the tops with whole berries and serve. Makes three 8-ounce servings.
- Heres another simple way to make black berry Smoothie