Sugar : 500 gms
Cardamom : 7-8
Water : 2-1/2 Cups
Cornflour : 100 gms
Rose Essence : 1 tablespoon
Soda : 1 pinch
Saffron : a pinch
2. Mash the khoya in hand and pass it through a fine sieve.
3. Make powder of the cardamom. Add to it along with the cornflour.
4. Mix cooking soda in little water. Add to the mixture above. Mix all the ingredients above but don't knead too much.
5. Then make small balls and fry over low flame. Keep over sieve for excess oil to drain off.
6. When you put the gulab jamun in sugar syrup, it must be quite warm.
Here is the video explaining how to make gulab jamun